From: Saturday July 5, 2014, 10:00 am
To: Saturday July 5, 2014, 3:00 pm
The Rotary Club of Caulfield Inc will host a Honey Festival on Saturday 5th July, 10am-3pm at Main Hall Koornang Uniting Church, 115-117 Murrumbeena Road, Murrumbeena.
The Club invites prospective participants to indicate their interest as soon as possible. The Club is looking for
• Sellers of goods which have a bee theme, use honey or other bee products in their manufacture
• Community groups which have craft, cards, jewellery, children’s wear, clothing or other products with a bee or honey theme
• Sellers of bee friendly plants
• Sellers of bee or honey based cosmetic or medicinal products
• Sellers of bee-keeping products, including books
• Groups which run bee-keeping training courses
• Sponsors of the event to help fund a real estate agent's board at the venue, promotional flyers and costume hire for someone to dress-up as a bee and distribute honey flavoured candy.
• Donors of prizes for some of the activities
Some planned activities are- • Demo Hive • A display of fruits and vegetables,listing the importance of bees to each • Flower competition. People will be invited to bring a bouquet of bee friendly plants and to tell an audience why they selected those plants. Prize for the bouquet which holds the most number of bee friendly plants • Honey cooking competition • Children's Area with bee related activities eg colouring in pictures of bees Stall fees are free for Rotary Clubs, $20 for community groups and $40 for commercial entities.
The Festival is being run as a community service in furtherance of the Club’s Bee Aware! Project. Please contact the Club by email rotarycaulfield@gmail,com Heather Welsh Bee Aware ! Project Rotary Club of Caulfield Inc.
VenueMain Hall Koornang Uniting Church
115-117 Murrumbeena Road, Murrumbeena VIC 3163